Nepal Today

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gyanendra hinted he may go to court for justice

By Bhola B Rana


Kathmandu, 26 May: Former King Gyanendra said Tuesday he might seek justice for himself by going to the court if he’s hounded further after being ousted from Narayanhiti Royal Palace.
“I feel as a common citizen justice has not been given to me. I also have rights. I have the right to go to court. But I didn’t go to the court. I didn’t go to court keeping the dignity of the government,” he told Image Channel without going into further details.
“Life is not a bed of roses; there are also thorns’ he said adding thorn pricks should be made ‘painless,’ the ousted king said about the falloff monarchy. “ I feel saddened but without any guilt feeling.”
Giving details of his daily routine the world’s only two-time king said he gets up at six in the morning and offers prayers and starts meeting people.
“I listen to them patiently.”
He has lunch at noon and rests.
“I eat light meals as much as possible at night.”
Gyanendra said he meets people from all sections of society for five hours from five in the afternoon
“I listen to them patiently.”
The ousted king said he doesn’t get any government facilities at Nagarjung offered him by the government adding,” “I experience electricity and water shortages like all Nepalese.”
The last king of the Shah dynasty said he wasn’t ‘interested in joining politics’ and added: “Our attention hasn’t been drawn towards that.”
He didn’t reveal details of an agreement between political parties and him that ended direct rule four years ago following a 19-day movement.
“This not the time for me to reveal this now. Details of the agreement
have come out in the public. Many have also understood. Nepali people should know more. It should be left to the people.”
The former king said politicians may have to re-think Hindu state and monarchy.
Gyanendra said more than 80 percent of the people ‘ believe in one religion [Hinduism]. ‘Their feelings must have been hurt,” he said on the declaration of a secular state.
“How do you address their concerns?” he asked.
“Many things could have been avoided. I feel betrayed. Some people have yet to understand the impact,” the former monarch said about his dethronement.
“The head of the family has to accept responsibility,” he said without blaming anybody and added, ”I take the blame.”
On the revival of monarchy, he said,” Let’s not talk politics now. The time is coming. This is not the time.”
Gyanendra revealed he’s been deluged with invitations to visit places.
‘I’ve been called to many places, Let’s see. It’s not difficult to go to the people,” he said hinting he might visit other place after completing visits to Janakpur and Nepalgunj where he offered worship and prayers.
Gyanendra said he feels he’s got the love and respect of people during his visits.
“It feels good. Many must touch; many bow their heads in respect; many offer flowers. What do you say to this?’ he asked on his reception during visits to Janakpur and Nepalgunj.
“I am a Nepali and I want to serve Nepalis,” he said.
On Maoist claim India and USA were behind the Narayanhiti royal palace massacre, Gyanendra said: “I can’t say anything on that haphazardly.”
“That time may be coming…. the time hasn’t come yet,” he said on whether he could play a role or just watch the rut in the country at present.
nnnn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

http://www2.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.ranabhola.blogspot.com